Wednesday 26 May 2010

My mum is the greatest workaholic I know.....
When I was much younger my main memories of her were always of her standing behind the fryer in the takeaway, or she would be peeling the potatoes.... or making battered pork balls...... my sis and I used to hide behind the storeroom at the back of the shop, and sneak a couple of them up our sleeves.
That was the 80's era and tv programmes such as Chips, The Incredible Hulk, Happy Days, Wonderwoman, Knight Rider, A team, Little House on the Prairie, Lassie & Benji  were always on the small screen.......
Actually, my mum wouldn't let the slightest thing discourage her from doing things. As well as being extremely hardworking, she was a busybody as far as housework was concerned, even til this day. She whizzes around , and doesn't stop 'til the house is in pristine condition. I worry about her.  One of these days she will end up being washed out completely.  I wish she would look after herself more.   But she always put us first - and still does.....

No comments: