Thursday 13 January 2011

Reminiscing......

I miss Mongolian Hotpot. I had it two weeks ago..and the time before that was 15 years ago. My dad used to cook it all the time when we were all younger. It's a Chinese thing, kind of like a social get-together especially in the winter.        Thinking back to the days of the Hong Kong serials that my parents used to watch, I remember Shanghai Bund (with Chow Yun Fat) , The Shell Game (Liza Wang), The Return of the Condor Heroes (Andy Lau) just to name a few. These serials were like Eastenders/the excitement of the X factor & great acting  ALL rolled into one.     They formed part of my childhood memories with haunting theme tune melodies.   How could I forget?  More recently, there was the serial 'Songbird' by Nadia Chan, it was based on the true life story of a famous Chinese actress and singer in the 1940's - 1950's named Zhou Xuan.  The actress Nadia Chan portraying her life story does it very well and she has a good voice too....

Click here for Nadia Chan's video ; see bottom of page for more Chinese melodies.

2 comments:

livingonair said...

What great family Christmas photo!

Jenny said...

Thank you!